Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

ITS STILL FRIDAY

I made it. Phew. I have news.

I have been working at Good Samaritan as well as Staples for a couple weeks now. Good Sams is nice. It's actually a bit boring. I'm so used to go go go in retail and the night shift especially at good sams is very dull. I hope they will give me more clerical work to do. I have my first shifts on my own this week on tues and wed night. I think I'll be alright. I'm sure Anita will want me to call if I need anything at all. But I'm pretty sure Shanes mom is always nights so I could probably send a shout to her if i need help too. So far they all seem to love me and I've picked up the stuff very quickly. Apparently they've had many without brains and they're happy to see how fast I learn.

Staples still annoys me but its damn near going away soon. They didn't even schedule me for next week (last I knew I still worked there though). It's not so much the place. And I do enjoy a lot of the work. It's just certain people. I wanted to strangle Marie several times in the 10hrs I worked with her this week.

Shane is home. Thank god. He came back on Sunday and I had to close at good sams that night. So he actually was visiting Angie and was behind them on the road as I turned onto that road. So he stopped in which I didn't like. I couldn't react to him in the way I wanted to. So he left and made us dinner that night. When I got home I ran into his arms and cried for awhile. It was just such a relief to be in his embrace again. I called staples and requested a personal day on Monday. I didn't think they'd let me but i guess the fact that i didn't lie and fake sick was good too. I just needed to have a day with him at least. I've had to work at one place or the other every day since. And I do tomorrow as well.

In other news... SHANE AND I HAVE A PUPPY!!! We went to the mall on Monday and had to go in the pet store. They had a cavalier king charles spaniel there. He was beautiful. That's always been my dream dog. I batted my eyes and pouted and guilted him all day because I wanted the dog so bad. And finally gave up, for the most part. Dropping a line every now and then. Tonight we met at price chopper after work and he told me he had something to show me. AND THERE HE WAS. We named him Oz (i named my puppies...and children for that matter.. long ago..Eden for a girl Oz for a boy..for the puppies that is). He is extremely hyper and we have a lot of work to do but we love him. Our family is really coming together! Its a happy day. week really. And I was recently thinking.. while its been tough this year its been good too. I moved out of my parents house, I supported myself, I got lasik, I got engaged, I bought a wedding gown, I went on trips alone, I got a new job. A lot of serious growing up changes

No comments:

Post a Comment